Take a look through our latest news, tips and our customers experiences
10 Jan 2019
How Do You Organise Your Business?
It probably won’t surprise you to know January is National Get Organised month. Being organised is crucial for success; without it, all your time will be sucked away by distractions and firefighting. For example, studies have shown that people spend an average hour a day looking for things. That’s 45 work days every year because we don’t have a place to keep the TV remote or our keys!
Courtesy of getpixie.com
Now, scale that up for a business.
- How much time is lost looking for that crucial email, invoice or phone number?
- How much impact on stress or productivity hunting for a customer’s file or history?
- How much could turnover or profit increase if you got a bit more organised?
- How much easier could your work and life be if you got a bit more organised?
Being organised allows your business to be proactive instead of reactive, so you can really grow your profits, but how do you organise your business?
If you haven’t been organised, this might seem like a huge job. Don’t try to tackle it all in one go. Break it up into manageable tasks. Maybe you need to start by decluttering your desk or computer desktop. Maybe you need to take a look at your filing system (or lack thereof).
Something that should be on your list is the processes and systems at the core of your business. How do you currently design, implement, and manage them?
If it’s bits of paper, spreadsheets, or worse, all in your head, then you’ll want to get that sorted. There are a lot of issues with working like that, but the main problem is there will be lots of opportunities for human error.
At The Office Genie, we use a customer relationship management tool (CRM for short). That’s likely a term you’ve heard before; a CRM is crucial to all but the smallest businesses, and there are hundreds of CRMs available! They all have different features, price points, and quirks. Even just choosing which one is right for your business is a mammoth task, let alone actually learning how to setup and use it.
We use and often recommend CapsuleCRM. It works for lots of businesses because it’s very customisable, user-friendly, and cost-effective. You also have lots of option for automation alongside other brilliant tools like MailChimp and Zapier.
We provide a service we call “Process, Automation, and Systems Support” (PASS for short) in case you don’t fancy working through it on your own. You get your own expert at The Office Genie. They help you get on top of your processes, implement the right tools, and learn how to get the most out of them. At the end of the PASS project, you get a fancy system that helps you stay organised and a manual to help you use it. There are also plenty of options for ongoing support.
Give us a call on 01604 529 171 and ask for Lesley or fill out the form below to learn more about the PASS service.
Share this article:
CommentsPost has no comments.
Great Business Support...
Just a click away
Go to business for virtual assistants
MBK Design Studio
- What's the difference between Call Handling and Telephone Answering?
- Email etiquette
- What you can do to prepare for coronavirus
- How will the new minimum wage affect your business plans?
- Preparing Your Businesses Security For If Things Go Wrong
- Ignoring the Holiday Distractions For Businesses
- Eliminating Business Risks Whilst You're Away
- Especially special days
- Music and moonlight and love and romance
- Our top six Genie tips to help you enjoy your special occasions